Sweet And Sour Chicken Wings
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 1/2 lb. chicken wings with tips removed
- 1/3 c. pork lard or beef drippings
- 1/3 c. vinegar
- 1/2 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- Brown wings in hot ketchup, adding more, if necessary.
- Remove wings as they brown.
- Drain drippings from skillet.
- Add vinegar, sugar, juice, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, and salt to skillet.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer gently about 5 minutes.
- Add browned chicken wings.
- Cover skillet.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn wings and cook uncovered 15 minutes longer.
- Serve with rice of your choice.
Tags: #chicken recipe #fried chicken #recipe with chicken #sweet and sour chicken #sweet and sour chicken recipe #sweet and sour chicken wings #sweet and sour chicken wings pineapple #sweet and sour chicken wings recipe