Lemon Tarragon Chicken
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 c. fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp. tarragon, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- Hot cooked spinach or egg noodles
- Quartered fresh lemon slices (optional)
- 1/3 c. flour
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, garlic, sherry, tarragon, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms with a slotted spoon.
- In a screw top jar, combine chicken broth and flour; shake until blended.
- Add mixture to the skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of mixture from skillet and stir into sour cream.
- Return to skillet along with chicken and mushrooms.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or pasta.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Tags: #chicken breast recipe #chicken dinner #chicken lunch #chicken recipe #easy lemon chicken recipe #healthy lemon chicken recipe #lemon and tarragon chicken #lemon chicken #lemon chicken breasts #lemon chicken recipe #lemon tarragon chicken #recipe with chicken #tarragon chicken #tarragon chicken breasts