Chunky Chicken Soup With Meatballs
Chicken Soup Ingredients And Preparation
- 2 lb. stewing chicken
- 4 cups of water
- 2 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 lb. small onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 carrots, sliced
- Celery leaves
- Place chicken in water in large saucepan.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, bay leaf and garlic.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer slowly for 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from saucepan.
- Cool it and carefully skim fat from surface of soup.
- Again, bring soup to a boil.
- Add onions, carrots, parsley and celery.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Meatballs Ingredients And Preparation
- 1 cup of finely minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of crumbly white bread
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix beef with egg, bread, salt and pepper and form into tiny balls.
- Add meatballs to soup and simmer for 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, skim and bone the chicken.
Cut meat into small pieces.
Garnish the soup with chicken and serve.