Ingredients (makes 4-6 servings)
- 3-4 lb. chicken wing drumettes or 1 med. sized chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 of an onion, diced
- 1 tsp of lemon grass powder or fresh lemon grass chopped into fine pieces
- Put water in a pan big enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add all spices.
- Stir until mixed.
- Add chicken and onion.
- Cook on high until boiling, then lower temperature to medium.
- Stir well, then cover.
- Cook covered until sauce has thickened and chicken is well-cooked (approximately 30-40 minutes).
- Stir every 10 minutes so chicken is coated evenly with the sauce.
- More water can be added if a thinner sauce is desired.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tags: #chicken curry #chicken curry lemongrass #chicken curry recipe indian #chicken lemongrass #chicken recipe #curry chicken recipe #easy chicken curry #easy chicken curry recipes #homemade chicken curry #how to cook chicken curry #how to cook simple chicken curry #quick and easy chicken curry recipe #recipe with chicken #simple chicken curry recipe