Chicken Cordon Bleu
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 pieces of large chicken breasts
- 4 slices cooked ham, 1/8 inch thick
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- 6 tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Remove skin from chicken breasts and discard.
- Between two pieces of wax paper, flatten breasts with a wooden mallet until quite thin.
- Cut each into 2 pieces crosswise.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay a slice of cheese and slice of ham on each piece of breast and roll.
- Mix eggs with water and dip chicken in egg, then in flour, then in egg again and finally in crumbs.
- Melt butter in a flat baking dish and bake chicken at 350°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tags: #baked chicken #baked chicken recipe #best chicken Cordon Bleu recipe #Chicken Cordon Bleu #chicken Cordon Bleu bake #chicken Cordon Bleu recipe #chicken Cordon Bleu tasty #chicken dinner #chicken recipe #Cordon Bleu #Cordon Bleu recipe